Important Messages for All Parents and Students:
The following are district updates due to ongoing concerns about the COVID-19 virus:
Graettinger-Terril and Ruthven-Ayrshire School Districts will be continuing to follow the guidance from the Iowa Department of Public Health and the Office of the Governor in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. At this time, they are recommending schools continue to remain open. Due to this recommendation the following changes will be put into effect immediately.
- Starting on Monday, March 16, 2020, Graettinger-Terril and Ruthven-Ayrshire will be limiting access to the buildings to all non-essential personnel effective immediately. Staff, students, and other essential personnel will be the only individuals admitted into the buildings. Parents may drop students off at the door and pick them up at the door, but may not enter the building.
- Iowa Statewide Assessment of Student Progress testing (ISASP) will start on Tuesday, March 17, 2020, unless otherwise determined.
- Parent - Teacher Conferences on Tuesday, March 17 and Thursday, March 19 will be done by phone. Teachers will call parents at the scheduled time for their students’ conferences. The NHS Suppers planned during conferences at R-A are cancelled.
- If as a parent, you choose to practice social distancing by keeping your child home, these absences will be excused. Students will still be required to complete the work given during these absences.
- We will be postponing or canceling all non-essential events such as field trips, concerts, contests, athletic competitions, etc. until further notice. The goal is to reduce the number of social interactions and increase social distance to contain and reduce the chance for exposure and spreading of germs.
- The use of facilities by outside groups and organizations will not be allowed until further notice.
- We are implementing these measures immediately and plan to continue them until further notice.
We will continue to update our community and stakeholders as information becomes available. We thank you for your cooperation and understanding as we work our way through this together.
Graettinger-Terril and Ruthven-Ayrshire Leadership Committee